Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday....

Today was not typical for a Monday. We had a supervisory responsibility at school today for a big music festival, so no students. It wasn't hard work, but it got a little dull. I like my students, and I enjoy working with them, so it's nice when I actually get to do that.

We had sunshine--a full sky of sunshine--today. And for the past three for that matter. It significantly affects my demeanor in general. I feel a little lighter, even when it's so cold your snot freezes upon walking out of doors. But gravity seems less effective on such days, and that's okay with me.

I've been listening to my very first book on tape while driving. I can't believe how quickly I arrive at each destination. I find myself sitting in my car a little longer than I need to just so I can hear what happens next. It's similar when I read, I suppose...just one more page, I tell myself after each page.

3 comments:

christa said...

You've never listened to books on tape in the car before? It's the way to go, definitely. Although, I was listening to an Agatha Christie mystery once, and I got into a pretty bad accident. So maybe distractions aren't always good :). Be careful! But really, it does help make the drive more interesting. Hey, you could probably listen to a whole book on your drive down to see me :).

Sheila K. said...

yes, as could you, were you coming to MN....you have two days off in a row, right? come see me, come see me!!

christa said...

hey, when are you going to udate your blog girl! i want to know what's going on with you :). it's 11am here, but it's dark as night outside, i just heard thunder!